Content marketing isn't a must if you want your local business to succeed. By switching your focus to usability and community, and understanding a few important things about how local SEO works, you can beat competitors who invest heavily in content.
Very good post on key factors to get found in local search. Key points are:
- If you can't create regular content, choose a content alternative like resources, communities, games
- Don't name your site after a popular search phrase
- Choose a responsive website design that displays on all devices
- Have great user experience, answering key questions prominently
- Optimize onpage factors
- Get verified in Google+
- Build consistent local citations
- Earn natural reviews, don't pay
- Set up social media platforms, engage in one
Click for all the details.
Quote: "Creating interactions is more important than creating content. You don't need "great content" to earn editorial links. You just have to offer something of value to the web."
If you like this scoop, please consider a thumbs up or share.